How do I add a search engine?

kanala

If you have a variable in the querystring like this:page.php?id=123You can read that value in $_GET['id'].A null value is a special value which indicates that the field does not have any value. A field would be null if you insert a row but leave out one of the fields, that field would have a null value.

If you have a variable in the querystring like this:page.php?id=123You can read that value in $_GET['id'].A null value is a special value which indicates that the field does not have any value. A field would be null if you insert a row but leave out one of the fields, that field would have a null value.
Since my last post I have learnt so much about PHP and MySQL, thanks to justsomeguy's encouragement. I'v nearly finished the product page and nearly on the search box which looks easy. I'll get back to you when I'm done.Cheers mate

• 3 weeks later...

Ok it all works, but the results only show in rows. How do I make it so that the results show 4 columns of results and then some rows of 4 columns?e.g.

<tr><td>echo some results here</td><td>echo some results here</td><td>echo some results here</td><td>echo some results here</td></tr>////next row<tr><td>echo some results here</td><td>echo some results here</td><td>echo some results here</td><td>echo some results here</td></tr>and so on...

echo "<table>\n";$column = 1;while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {	if ($column == 1) {		echo "<tr>\n";	}	echo "<td>" . $row['Item No.'] . " " . $row['Genre'] . "</td>\n";	if ($column == 4) {		echo "</tr>\n";		$column = 1;	}	$column++;}

Try that

Archived