Printable Highlights

Primal

OK. I'm making a table to layout a tournament, and I am using colour coding to represent win, loses etc. How would I make it so that these colours will print. The toutorial suggests using the background-color class, but background colours don't print.Ideas?Thanks,Primal

well any color printer will print color font. so simply put a <font> tag around the text of choice.If you want to be all proper (I know people would have gone nuts if i simply advocated a <font> tag) you would make seperate CSS classes for each color, define them in an external CSS file and then implement them within the HTML. But it sounds like you're just doing this for fun so I don't think you need to do all of that.P.S: I re-read your post and I'm wondering, do you mean the actual rows and columns of the table are to be colored? If that's the case you can use the bg color idea if the browser supports the background color printing option. Otherwise you could place a graphic with the appropriate dimensions within each slot. There may also be a way to define a table color-scheme in CSS - I've never attempted to do that so I'm not too sure it would work.

Yes, I want to make the actual cells coloured. I tried using bgcolour, but it doesn't print. What browser do you know of that lets you print backgrounds. I tried with IE6 and with Netscape8 with which supposedly renders as Firefox, but neither worked.

It depends on the browser and version. Go into the options and find the option to print backgrounds. Options in IE are fairly difficult to find, it turns out that a giant list of checkboxes isn't the most user-friendly interface. If you're asking how you can enable this on other people's browsers, you can't. People control their own settings, not websites.

Archived