writing XML with ASP

Johnmitchell

***************EDIT***************i've sorted this problem now i was missing the <% response.ContentType="text/xml" %> at the top of the asp!***************/EDIT**************what i've got kind of works, but not the way i want it.i have dim'd variables and given the variables content (which eventually i'll pull from a database but for now is static data)i've then tried to write it into xml, in the same page, i really don't want to start messing about with FileSystemObject, because i'm not sure about using that, and the project is on a bit of a tight timescale.heres the code

<%dim job, jobdescription, training, notes, hours, wages, vacancynumberjobdescription = "advanced apprenticeship - trainee chef"training = "NVQ3 Professional Cookery"notes = "Opportunity to work towards an Advance Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery. You must have a passion for cooking, acheived an NVQ2 and be keen to learn more. You will need your own transport due to the rural location."hours = "40 hours per week"wages = "National Minimum Wage"vacancynumber = "20673"%><job>	<jobdetails>		<jobdescription> <%= jobdescription %> </jobdescription>		<training> <%= training %> </training>		<notes> <%= notes %> </notes>		<hours> <%= hours %> </hours>		<wages> <%= wages %> </wages>		<vacancynumber> <%= vacancynumber %> </vacancynumber>	</jobdetails></job>

the result in a web browser is:

advanced apprenticeship - trainee chef NVQ3 Professional Cookery Opportunity to work towards an Advance Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery. You must have a passion for cooking, acheived an NVQ2 and be keen to learn more. You will need your own transport due to the rural location. 40 hours per week National Minimum Wage 20673
edit: what i intend to do after i've written the xml is import it into flash, to kind of have a dynamic news reader which displays on a plasma screen. i can import the file i need so i just need to get it writing the xml really :)cheers if you can help! :)

Archived