menu problem

Xtazy

Hey! I have a problem with my web site's menu. I don't know if I should have posted this in the Javasccript forum, but well...So, here's the problem: I'm working on a web site with Rocky Balboa, so I made up a menu for it. It works just fine in Firefox, but now I see that if I open the menu with IE it's totally messed up. The options have a large space between them. And for the menu I used some Javascript so that when I put the mouse over some of the options, it should open a palate of some new options. Here's the code:

<style type="text/css">ul {	margin: 0;	padding: 0;	list-style: none;	width: 150px;	}ul li {	position: relative;	}li ul {	position: absolute;	left: 149px;	top: 0;	display: none;	}ul li a {	display: block;	text-decoration: none;	color: #777;	background: #fff;	padding: 5px;	border: 1px solid #ccc;	border-bottom: 0;	}ul {	margin: 0;	padding: 0;	list-style: none;	width: 150px;	border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;	}li:hover ul { display: block; }</style><script type="text/javascript">startList = function() {if (document.all&&document.getElementById) {navRoot = document.getElementById("nav");for (i=0; i<navRoot.childNodes.length; i++) {node = navRoot.childNodes[i];if (node.nodeName=="LI") {node.onmouseover=function() {this.className+=" over";  }  node.onmouseout=function() {  this.className=this.className.replaceĀ»	(" over", "");   }   }  } }}window.onload=startList;</script><ul> 	<li><a href="index.html">Home</a></li> 	<li><a href="#">News</a> 	  <ul> 		<li><a href="#">Sly the Man</a></li> 		<li><a href="#">Movies</a></li> 	  </ul> 	</li> 	<li><a href="gallery.html">Gallery</a></li>	<li><a href="">The Movies</a> 	  <ul> 		<li><a href="#">Rocky</a></li> 		<li><a href="#">Rocky II</a></li> 		<li><a href="#">Rocky III</a></li> 		<li><a href="#">Rocky IV</a></li> 		<li><a href="#">Rocky V</a></li> 	<li><a href="#">Rocky Balboa</a></li> 	</ul> 	</li>  	<li><a href="rockyscript.html">Rocky Script</a></li> 	<li><a href="#">Shopping</a>	   <ul>	<li><a href="#">4ROCKY.com</a></li>	<li><a href="shopping.html">Amazon.com</a></li> 	   </ul>	</li>	<li><a href="http://4rcoky.proboards82.com/">4ROCKY Forum</a></li>	<li><a href="contact.html">Contact</a></li></ul>

When you put the mouse over the News option (in Firefox), it opens up two more options: Sly the Man and Movies. But in IE, nothing happens. And there is that annoying laaarge space between menu's options. What should I do? :) Thank you in advance,Xtazy

Hi.. I've checked your code in IE7 as well as in FF.. Its working fine in both. only problems with IE7 is that it wont getting id 'nav' so I have given <ul id="nav"> @ first level..Regards,Vijay

Archived