JavaScript Warning Message

SillyBilly

It appears that you have a forward slash inside the closing div tag that should not go there. That could be the problem. The closing parenthesis is also missing. Unless I don't see it because the screen shot didn't pick it up.Also, just as a suggestion, use double quotes to enclose what you want to print out when using document.write(), and use single quotes to assign values to your attributes. For instance:document.write("<div id='fixedtipdiv' style='visibility:hidden;width:" + tipwidth + ";background-color:" + tipbgcolor + "'></div>");Hope this helps.lugos

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I got this code from Fixed ToolTip script- © Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com). I checked the my code in Notepad and there is no forward slash as it appears in Tidy. I would think that such an occurence in the code would create problems.Secondly, I don't understand the other warning that reads <style> isn't allowed in <html> elements. I understand that <style> goes in the <head> and that goes in <html>. I have <style> in <html> in other pages, and Tidy does not report a warning.I'm going to Dynamic Drive and Tidy to hear what they have to say.Bill