Pop-up window

martemelon

Hello :)I wonder if someone can give me a code to a pop-up window. And I want the window to pop-up when someone press "the" link. If you understand. And in that window I am going to write something.Hope someone can help me :)

<script type="text/javascript">  function new_window() {	window.open("mypage.html", "nwindow", "");  }</script><a href="mypage.html" onclick="new_window(); return false;">Click Here For Pop-up</a>

Thank you very much :) Can you put in width and height too?I am going to have this code on my piczo site, and on piczo sites there are an advertisingbanner on the top of each site, but I want no advertise in my pop-up window. Can that bedone or do I have to deal with it? Or is there another option?

<script type="text/javascript">  function new_window() {	window.open("f.html", "nwindow", "height=300px, width=300px");  }</script><a href="f.html" onclick="new_window(); return false;">Click Here For Pop-up</a>

The ads are there for a reason, and doing anything to them such as hiding them would more than likely break the rules that you agreed to.

<script type="text/javascript">  function new_window() {	window.open("f.html", "nwindow", "height=300px, width=300px");  }</script><a href="f.html" onclick="new_window(); return false;">Click Here For Pop-up</a>

The ads are there for a reason, and doing anything to them such as hiding them would more than likely break the rules that you agreed to.

Thank you again :) I know it's against the rules, and I guess there's not another option than just deal with the advertise.One more thing - Isn't there a code that make you skip to a certain place on a page? Maybe that could work?! I don't know, I'm not really good with HTML and Javascript :)

Do you mean if you click on a link and it goes to another part of the page?
<a href="#dpage">Click Here</a><br><br>(keep repeating)<a name="dpage">You probably got here by clicking on the link</a>

Yes, that's what I meant. Can these two codes be combinated?

You need to have it like that code, one is a link with # at the beginning and the other with name without the #.
I meant if the pop-up window code can be combinated with the 'skip/jump' code, so that when "they" click on "the" link they will come to a pop-up window, and it will automatic jump down to where I want it to jump. Understand?Or do I have to have the 'skip/jump' code in the pop-up window?

It works for me, just replace the href/URL values.
Thank you! But not to be really needy or something, but could you make the codefor me? I am so hopeless when it comes to advanced codes like this ..You don't have to, I'm just asking 'cause that would be a lot easier for me.

<script type="text/javascript">  function new_window() {	window.open("mypage.html#scroll", "nwindow", "height=300px, width=300px");  }</script><a href="mypage.html#scroll" onclick="new_window(); return false;">Click Here For Pop-up</a>

mypage.html

<a name="scroll">This is the area you should see</a>

<script type="text/javascript">  function new_window() {	window.open("mypage.html#scroll", "nwindow", "height=300px, width=300px");  }</script><a href="mypage.html#scroll" onclick="new_window(); return false;">Click Here For Pop-up</a>

mypage.html

<a name="scroll">This is the area you should see</a>

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :):D

Thank you, but some of the problem is that I don't know how to put javascipts together..
Read the page I linked to. There's nothing to put together, you just define what you want on the window when you open it. The point of this forum is to teach, not necessarily to just do things for people.

Do you mean a link inside the pop-up to get to the same place?
<a href="#scroll">Click Here To Get There</a>

No, a scroll so 'you' can see in the right of the pop-up window, so people that is reading something in there can read all that's written on the page. Understand? (I'm not really good to explain :))

Take a look at the link justsomeguy has provided, and you should see exactly what you can do.

scrollbars=0|1
You would add that with the height=x, width=y, scrollbar=1In programming, 0 would mean false, off, no, etc. and 1 being the opposite, true, on, yes.

You want scrollbars on the window. That is explained in the page I linked to.
I know, but I didn't understand. You see, english isn't my mother tongue so it's sometimes hard for me to understand what's really written, just to say it easy :)

Take a look at the link justsomeguy has provided, and you should see exactly what you can do.You would add that with the height=x, width=y, scrollbar=1In programming, 0 would mean false, off, no, etc. and 1 being the opposite, true, on, yes.
Ah, I see. Now it's working :) Thank you both :) :)And know I have one more question; Is it possible to eliminate one of the scrollbars? (It cameone on the right side and one in the bottom, and I don't want the one in the bottom)

Scrollbars are either on or off. It depends on the browser which ones they show, IE likes to show all scrollbars all the time, where other browsers only show them if needed.
Okay, so I just have to deal with the bottom scrollbar?

Archived