Search

DaNuGai

I am wondering if anyone knows how to implement the Search feature on a certain website. In other words, I am looking to add the Search feature on my website and I want to know how. I know one of my options is to use google (i.e. SearchThis site:www.example.com) but I am really trying to avoid that since it doesn't present up-to-date information.I woudl really appreciate if someone can refer me to a tutorial or an instructions.

If all of your pages are static files, then you need to use a program that can go through your pages and index all of them into a database. If your content is already in the database, then you don't need to do that, you can just write a small PHP script to look up records in the database with certain words or combinations of words in them.

Well...98% of my pages are static and I do update information on the website on daily bases, which is why I didn't think google would be a idea.Do you know of any program that can index my website and store information on daily bases and provide search functionality?

Archived