using javascript on MySQL data

kanala

I have 2 fields on my MySQL table which are Price and OldPrice.I need to work out the price difference between them by subtracting the Price from the OldPrice (OldPrice-Price) using javascript.Using $row['OldPrice'] and $row['Price'] or something, how would I subtract them using javascript then put them onto the page using "document.write" (or something similar).

Yeah, to re-iterate what was already said, you don't need javascript to do that. You can just use PHP.

$difference = $row['oldPrice'] - $row['price'];//If oldPrice was 20, and price was 15, the difference would be 5(dollars, just without the $ sign. You would have to add that in later).

Javascript isn't needed for something like that.

PHP can do just about anything Javascript can do, if not more(since PHP can access files on the user's computer through the input type="file" method.

PHP is a modern, Turing-complete language. Arithmetic operations like addition and subtraction are the basic operations of a CPU, I'm not aware of a single programming language that cannot do arithmetic. It would probably be good for you to read at least the langage reference portion of the PHP manual:http://www.php.net/manual/en/langref.php

Archived