form puldown menu question

music_lp90

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to make my form submit when a user selects an option from the pull down menu so that I don't have to have a button to submit it.Here's the code I have now.

<form action="lbc_directory.php" method="post"><select name="alpha_last">	<option>A</option>	<option>B</option>	<option>C</option>	<option>D</option>	<option>E</option>	<option>F</option>	<option>G</option>	<option>H</option>	<option>I</option>	<option>J</option>	<option>K</option>	<option>L</option>	<option>M</option>	<option>N</option>	<option>O</option>	<option>P</option>	<option>Q</option>	<option>R</option>	<option>S</option>	<option>T</option>	<option>U</option>	<option>V</option>	<option>W</option>	<option>X</option>	<option>Y</option>	<option>Z</option></select><input type="submit" value="Browse by Last Name"></form>

So basically what I want is, when a user clicks the letter "A" or any other letter, the form will submit and I can get rid of the submit button that I have put in the form.Thanks for your help!

Yes, it will work on all JavaScript enabled browsers.

Archived