How to indent a section of the page?

htmlnewbie23

Use CSS margin or padding.
Thank you. Will look them up.<ul> is correctly interpreted by pretty much all browsers (I "think"). Is that also the case when using CSS margin or padding, or are there less browsers in use that would be able to interpret such pages correctly? I need as wide an audience as possible as my visitors do not necessarily have the latest of everything.Thank you for your help.

Any decently modern browser will be able to use CSS. Margin and padding are pretty basic. I realize that a ul element looks like you want it, but you are telling the browser semantically that you have content that is a list, and that is not true. So semantically speaking it's not correct to use a list when all you want is a margin.

Any decently modern browser will be able to use CSS. Margin and padding are pretty basic. I realize that a ul element looks like you want it, but you are telling the browser semantically that you have content that is a list, and that is not true. So semantically speaking it's not correct to use a list when all you want is a margin.
I respect what you are saying and do understand it, but in an attempt to simplify my questions and solve my own code problems rather than just ask for corrections, I am probably not expressing the true nature of the problems I am trying to solve. I was asking this question to try and resolve a problem I was having with <ul> that I think I explain better in a separate thread where I include some example code. I would really appreciate your advice if you had the time to look at that new thread (I created it before I saw your reply). It is a thread called "Removing unnecessary lines". You will see why I was looking at alternatives to <ul> and struggling with my limited resources. It can get pretty frustrating when you have only a limited knowledge of html.Thank you.

Archived