div onMouseOver issue

wading_in_html

i have a div with an onMouseOver and onMouseOut that call javascript functions.the mouseover function changes the size of the div.but when i leave the original area of the div, the mouseout is called.i want it to only call it if i leave the area of the newly resized div.if it helps, the reason i am doing this is to make a drop down menu.yes, i am sure the div actually got resized.any ideas?

You'll have to use some sort of hack to get the browser to do something internally, like setting the innerHTML property, or maybe calling the onResize function. If you have an id on the div, you can use the getElementById function to set the innerHTML property of the element to itself (that hack will also remove the "click to activate" message for active content in some browsers). You can also try calling the Window.onResize function and sending it a blank event.

ok ill try that.if it doesnt work though, I'll do something i saw on another site.they had another div behind the menu with an onmouseover that hid the menu.this way it wouldnt get called until you left the menu, which covered the deactivation div.thanks for the advice

Archived