What's the difference between

Tata_MosTwaNteD

There are other topics discussing this already, but in short - designers care for the appearance of web pages and web developers - about their "mechanics".A web designer is good with CSS, creating images, choosing colors and some other stuff. Many are good with Flash as well.A web developer is good with a S3L of choise, very often MySQL and JavaScript (not like myself I must say) and sometimes with various other things that are often mostly used at the back end such as XSLT in my case.

There are other topics discussing this already, but in short - designers care for the appearance of web pages and web developers - about their "mechanics".A web designer is good with CSS, creating images, choosing colors and some other stuff. Many are good with Flash as well.A web developer is good with a S3L of choise, very often MySQL and JavaScript (not like myself I must say) and sometimes with various other things that are often mostly used at the back end such as XSLT in my case.
ok our moderator :) ,give me the link of those topics to know in details ,thnx anyway :)

Hehe... I'm not a moderator and you know it :) .In this post Skemcin explains pretty much what I just said with some other details related to the actual question of the topic.In this topic Skemcin (again :) ) and others explain the details to this, adding the term "web builder" and "graphic designer" in the mixI think there may be others, but I can't find them right now.

Hehe... I'm not a moderator and you know it :) .In this post Skemcin explains pretty much what I just said with some other details related to the actual question of the topic.In this topic Skemcin (again :) ) and others explain the details to this, adding the term "web builder" and "graphic designer" in the mixI think there may be others, but I can't find them right now.
Thnx our moderator :) ,

If your going to work as a web designer in a small place, or a big company. Your going to have to know the design as well as the more technical aspects of it, no?

Well, for bigger companies, not necessarily, as usually they will employ multiple people to work on a single aspect of a project such as a website. For smaller organisations, however, yes, usually a person will have to take on both roles.

unless you are working for a big company these days you would be hard pressed to make a decent living as just a designer (HTML/CSS). As a freelancer or working for a small company you usually ned to "know it all".

Archived