Compressing a Navigation Bar

benjancewicz

I'm not sure I follow.Do you want the grey bars on top of each other with no space? Or do you want your nav items to run together (horiz) with no space?I'm just not sure which way you are wanting to go. :)

Well, have a look in your CSS stylesheet http://bmengini.com/beta/css/style.css . Now find the #SubNav a and #MainNav a styles and change the second pixel number on the padding property. For no horizontal padding, you would change it from "padding: 3px 10px;" to "padding: 3px 0px;". The 3px defines vertical padding.

Ok... I did a little more testing, and there is no space between divs that don't have unordered lists in them.So, basically, I'm deducing that the <ul> is somehow making the space between the two navigations layers at the top.How do I keep that from happening?

ul#MainNav{	white-space: nowrap;	text-transform: uppercase;	margin:0px;	padding:0px;}

Do the same for SubNav.

ULs and LIs have default values for either or both Margins and/or Padding (depends on the Browser) and removing both Margins and Padding is typically the solution. Often, I remove all margins and padding on the html Element and then add some margin/padding later in the page. Works for me.

Archived