Search

Lakshmi

Hii'm getting small problem in searching the words.For examplei stored some degree colleges names (Ex:xyz degree college,..) in my dabase.if i searching with "Degree Colleges" ,i'm not getting any resultif i search with "Degree College" i'm getting the results. if any word match with degree or college or both words i need the resultsHow t o search using mysql,phpThanks for any help.Lakshmi

You would need to split up the search term into each word and then loop through them and build your query.

$words = explode(" ", $search_term);$sql = "";foreach ($words as $word){  if ($sql != "")	$sql .= " OR ";  $sql .= "field_name LIKE '%" . mysql_real_escape_string($word) . "%'";}if ($sql != ""){  $sql = "SELECT * FROM table WHERE " . $sql;  $results = mysql_query($sql);}

Thanks for your help.

You would need to split up the search term into each word and then loop through them and build your query.
$words = explode(" ", $search_term);$sql = "";foreach ($words as $word){  if ($sql != "")	$sql .= " OR ";  $sql .= "field_name LIKE '%" . mysql_real_escape_string($word) . "%'";}if ($sql != ""){  $sql = "SELECT * FROM table WHERE " . $sql;  $results = mysql_query($sql);}

Archived