I hate IE 6

elementis0

As long as the code validates, I think it's unfair to call it bad code. IE6 has known compatibility issues with CSS2. I wonder why they never bothered to fix it with an update.To me, if a site works well in FF2, IE7, the Safari browser for Windows AND the newer Opera versions I don't bother damaging my code to be compatible with quirks in IE6. Unless IE6 is deemed the only supported browser for a company's intranet application.Short version: live with it or use a browser sniffer and multiple stylesheets (which has been done for too long).

alright, so your saying as long as i validate my code it should work well in IE6?EDIT:I validated my xhtml and my css and of course it still doesnt work in IE6 lol. So nowi can safely say its good validated coding that IE6 just doesnt like. I really wanna make this work in IE6 since so many ppl still use it. anybody know how I can do it. if not i guess i could just us a JS browser checker -.- but i really dont want to.I also edited my first post to show the validated coding instead.

alright, so your saying as long as i validate my code it should work well in IE6?
No, but having a valid code means you'll use the browsers' standart compliant mode, which guarantees forwards compatability.If all of your code is valid and works OK in Firefox and Opera, it will most probably continue to work as expected in their future versions, as well as other browsers that support all of those things (Safari for example). IE is anoter story, especially IE6 as it has a lot of bugs, some of which were fixed in IE7. Still, having valid code is a start for having cross-browser code.

The problems not IE, it's your bad code. It's invalid. You're relying on browsers guessing how the page should be displayed. Fix the HTML errors first.
Sometimes the problem is IE. Otherwise we wouldn't need conditional comments.Bad code is one thing, bad browsers are another. That's all I (was) trying to say.Please accept my humble apologize for the otherwise "completely useless" post.

Archived