A question about content managment

parent

I have a website.I want to give downloading files from my site to viewers. But I do not want to that viewers have direct access to my files. They must not access by address bar.For Example,If a person type file name in address bar,this person can not access my file .he/she must login then I allow him/her to download my file . I want to this code with asp and script. Please HELP me. :)

You can't use ASP to deny access to files, that is a setting on the web server. You can write an ASP script that will check if someone is logged in and redirect to the appropriate file or read the file and stream it to the user, but ASP can't deny access to the files, that will need to be done using the web server.

Please tell me How can I do this with web server?Please Help me.another question :In some websites when you want to download a zip file, you must Enter you'r Email address in a form, Then manager of site send a key to you'r mail that you need it for openning zip file.How can I do this matter in my site?Please Help me.Thank you.

Please tell me How can I do this with web server?
It depends on the web server. Check the documentation for your server software on how to deny access or require authentication. The process is usually different for IIS vs. Apache vs. Sun One vs. iPlanet vs. any other server. But, if you deny access to your files then no one will be able to download them. In that case you would want to use some script that could access the file and read it from the server and send it to the client manually. That's pretty easy to do with PHP, but I haven't used ASP to do that.
In some websites when you want to download a zip file, you must Enter you'r Email address in a form, Then manager of site send a key to you'r mail that you need it for openning zip file.How can I do this matter in my site?
You can password-protect a zip file. He's just emailing people the password to open the zip file. He might have a program that automatically creates the zip file, generates a random password, and sends it to the user. But all he's doing is setting a password on the zip file (which is a feature of zip files), and emailing the password out, whether he's doing that automatically or manually.

You can password-protect a zip file. He's just emailing people the password to open the zip file. He might have a program that automatically creates the zip file, generates a random password, and sends it to the user. But all he's doing is setting a password on the zip file (which is a feature of zip files), and emailing the password out, whether he's doing that automatically or manually.
Please tell me "How can I do this? How can I create the zip file. Which programs can create the zip file?"

Archived