error massage

xbl1

Hi;Could anyone debug for me, please.Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 'a' in index.php on line 6my code as following;

<?php //line 1$str=' test & me ';$p='^[^a-z]+$';$r='_';$str=preg_replace($p, $r, $str); // here is line 6echo $str;?>

$p should be equal to $p='^[a-z]+$';, there is no character set [^a-z]. But what are you trying to do?

$p should be equal to $p='^[a-z]+$';, there is no character set [^a-z]. But what are you trying to do?
i am trying to replace all the chars which more than one, but without chars which are a-z, by using '_'.for example;' test & O me 98877 . 'become to '_test_me_'could you help me, please.

Hmm... maybe... don't know what it does though lolRemember, PHP's Regex engine is different from JavaScript's Regex engine.

i am trying to replace all the chars which more than one, but without chars which are a-z, by using '_'.
I'm not very good at Regular Expressions, but one solution would be to include all characters that you do not want:
$p = "[0-9A-Z.-_\s\\/!@#$%^&*()+=\[\]\"'{}|<>?,./~`]+";

However that is sort of inefficient.

Hmm... maybe... don't know what it does though lolRemember, PHP's Regex engine is different from JavaScript's Regex engine.I'm not very good at Regular Expressions, but one solution would be to include all characters that you do not want:
$p = "[0-9A-Z.-_\s\\/!@#$%^&*()+=\[\]\"'{}|<>?,./~`]+";

However that is sort of inefficient.

Thanks a lot, i have found out the solution already.$p='#[^a-z]+#';

by the way, I've been dieing to ask - how was your error massage? Is it anything like a deep tissue massage? What region does it focus on - upper or lower back . . .? I'll have to ask my masseuse if she offers error massages.:)

don't know what it does though lol
[^a-z] matches any character that is not in the set of "a" through "z". It's the exact opposite of [a-z].

I'd make jokes too, except for i do that too. Message, massage... it took me the longest time to figure out the difference. I feel your pain man, i feel your pain.

Archived