Fatal T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING

iyeru42

When adding a new required file at the end of the index.php, PHP gives the fatal error on line 33 (shown below as an opening curly bracket.)

<?php//***************************************************************************////                                                                           ////  Copyright © 2004-2007 Jonathon Freeman                                 ////  Copyright © 2007 Brian Otto                                            ////  All rights reserved.                                                     ////                                                                           ////  This program is free software. You may use, modify, and/or redistribute  ////  it under the terms of the MIT License.                                   ////                                                                           ////***************************************************************************//// Main Language File (ENGLISH)// Get The Other Files// require("");// Define Our Main Language Vars$L_POWERED       = "Powered by OvBB";$L_REGISTER      = "If this is your first visit, you may have to <b><a href='register.php'>register</a></b> before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.";$L_WELCOME1      = "Welcome back, <b>".htmlsanitize($_SESSION['username'])."</b>";$L_WELCOME2      = "Welcome to the {$CFG['general']['name']}";$L_NEWMEMBER     = "Welcome our newest member: <a href=\"member.php?action=getprofile&userid={$aStats['newestmember']}\">";$L_THREADS       = "Threads";$L_FORUM         = "Forum";$L_POSTS         = "Posts";$L_LASTPOST      = "Last Post";$L_NEWPOSTS      = "<b><a href='search.php?action=getnew'>View New Posts</a></b>";$L_ACTIVETHREADS = "<b><a href='search.php?action=getdaily'>View Today's Active Threads</a></b>";$L_ACTIVE        = "Active";$L_INACTIVE      = "Inactive";$L_GOLASTPOST    = "Go to last post";$L_ACTIVEUSERS   = "<a class=""section' href='online.php'>Currently Active Users</a>";$L_STATS         = "There are currently ".number_format($iOnlineMembers)." members and ".number_format($iOnlineGuests)." guests on the forums. | Most users ever online was ".$iMostUsersCount." on ".gmtdate('m-d-Y', $iMostUsersDate)." at ".gmtdate('h:i A', $iMostUsersDate);$L_PRIVATE       = "Private Messages";$L_PMSTATS       = "<b>".htmlsanitize($_SESSION['username'])."</b> - You have ".$aPMInfo['newcount']." new message(s) since your last visit.<br />(You have ".$aPMInfo['unreadcount']." unread message(s) and ".$aPMInfo['totalcount']." total message(s) in all of your folders.)";$L_QLOGIN        = "Login with username and password";$L_QLOGIN2       = "<a href='member.php?action=logout'>Logout</a> | <a href='member.php?action=markread'>Mark All Forums Read</a>";$L_NEWPOSTSALT   = "New Posts";$L_NONEWPOSTSALT = "No New Posts";$L_CLOSEDALT     = "Closed Form";?>

Removing {$CFG['general']['name']} doesn't solve the problem by the way. Removing the below code also doesn't help.

$L_NEWMEMBER	 = "Welcome our newest member: <a href=\"member.php?action=getprofile&userid={$aStats['newestmember']}\">";

Or any single piece of the code.

Is getresult a valid method for the database object? I don't see anything wrong with the lines you posted.
Yes, it is a valid object. That's why I'm having trouble getting rid of the error. I use EasyPHP to do all of this, mind you. However, even putting the @ symbol (like I said) to remove the error, creates a blank page.

Where do you put the @ symbol to remove the error? That is where the error is happening. If you add the symbol to the include statement and the error message goes away, then obviously the problem is inside the included file. Check the file names on the error message, make sure you're looking in the right file for the problem.

Where do you put the @ symbol to remove the error? That is where the error is happening. If you add the symbol to the include statement and the error message goes away, then obviously the problem is inside the included file. Check the file names on the error message, make sure you're looking in the right file for the problem.
Erp, nevermind; I found the problem.

Archived