ToolTip

aneellu

Hi All,Iam trying to provide ToolTip for option labels in select lists using javascript, but i couldn't do it.This i have to do bcoz the option labels in select lists are hidden as they are exceeding the size limit.Please help me solve this problem.I appreciate any help on this.Anil.

Did you try putting a mouseover event on the options?
Hi,Yes, I tried that on the options but no effect.It is working on select tag but not on option tag....For ex:<select name="selectlist" multiple > <option value="Anil" onmouseover="alert('ME');" >Anil</option> <option value="Kumar" onmouseover="alert('Brother');">Kumar</option> <option value="Nikhil" onmouseover="alert('Nephew');">Nikhil</option></select>Thanks,Anil

there is no onmouseover event for the options in fact I doubt there are any events for options.The following works in IE7 and Firefox 2

<select name="selectlist" id="selectlist" multiple="multiple">	<option value="Anil" title="me">Anil</option>	<option value="Kumar" title="brother">Kumar</option>	<option value="Nikhil" title="nephew">Nikhil</option></select>

Archived