Flash + FireFox vs IE7

acridcola

I'll try to explain the problem. I'm not sure if it's Flash, IE7 ,XP or some odd script of the server.I'm trying to design a MP3 player and ran across this url for testing;"http://www.musicwebtown.com/9608ssp/playlists/63873/501373.mp3"I'll try to diagram the problem and why I'm confused about the results..Simple Flash var my_sound new Sound();my_sound.loadSound(url , true);Results:Flash = 200 html/text - Loads 501373.mp3 as a small html file.Flash + IE7 = 200 html/text - Loads 501373.mp3 as a small html file.URL + IE7 = 200 audio/mpeg - Downloads the real 501373.mp3 file. URL + IE7 + lowest security settings = Redirect to a Page, as if the url was bad. Flash + FireFox = 200 audio/mpeg - Flash plays MP3URL + FireFox = 200 audio/mpeg - QuickTime plays MP3What I'm confused about is why it works in FireFox and not IE7 or standalone SWF.

Flash = 200 html/text - Loads 501373.mp3 as a small html file.Flash + IE7 = 200 html/text - Loads 501373.mp3 as a small html file.
Err... what do you mean? The mp3 file gets loaded as plaintext?
URL + IE7 = 200 audio/mpeg - Downloads the real 501373.mp3 file.URL + IE7 + lowest security settings = Redirect to a Page, as if the url was bad.
Do you have the Quicktime plugin installed for Internet Explorer?

Err... what do you mean? The mp3 file gets loaded as plaintext?Do you have the Quicktime plugin installed for Internet Explorer?
Under IE7, in the cache there's a small .mp3 file but it's html code, Flash loads this instead of the real mp3.FireFox doesnt do this. Why I'm stumped...

Archived