Designing Idea

Norman

I'm not a great designer, so one of my site problems is the graphics part. I've got an idea: my bother is a great designer (I mean with pen and paper, not over the pc), so I could take a scanner of a banner/etc designed by him, optimizing it with some graphic software like Photoshop, for example, and then use it on my website. What do you think? Could be this a good idea, or not? :) :)

it does not sound like it would give you the same quality as straight design on the pc, but it you do use the software that would clean it and do a good enough job. It might work. I would test it out with a one design first before i attach myself to that idea.

Guest FirefoxRocks

If you don't want to spend money of Adobe Photoshop, you can try an open-source graphics editor called The GIMP, it is actually quite popular for people who can't afford/don't like Photoshop.

Generally when you have one guy with a lot of design skill but no technical knowledge you just hire a guy to put his ideas in an electronic format lol :) Instead of having a drawing and just scanning it in for use, scan the drawing in, and use it a base for a clean digital copy from scratch. You're going to need quite a bit of photoshop skills to do this effectively.

Archived