the bottom line

ctoz

The page has a series of floated divs, each with six lines of text. IE (6 & 7) doesn't show the bottom line. However, after some js manipulations of the style, when you mouseover any div, the bottom line does appear.Liberal applications of "position:relative" to the containing div and the divs themselves has no effect.( I know IE6 will need Dean Edwards' 'IE7' library to make the mouseovers work, it's just not there right now. So IE7 only for testing).http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~ctillam/layers.htmhttp://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~ctillam/layers.cssThe top four links work. Play, maybe make a suggestion?

Operates identically in IE6/IE7 as it does in FF2 for me. Try clearing your cache. Might an old version stuck in there someplace.But it should be noted that I have Multiple IE installed and there is sometimes a problem where IE6 acts like IE7, so don't depend on my results as gospel.

Operates identically in IE6/IE7 as it does in FF2 for me. Try clearing your cache. Might an old version stuck in there someplace.But it should be noted that I have Multiple IE installed and there is sometimes a problem where IE6 acts like IE7, so don't depend on my results as gospel.
Clarify? Is bottom line showing? Which browsers? :) Just re-tested, I also have IE6 and 7 running. IE6 behaves properly, as does FF, Opera ( needs css work) and safari. IE7 has the 'bottom line'bug on 2 machines.

Description of similar problems at cayenne led, via onhavinglayoutto adding<!--[if IE 7]> <style> span {zoom: 1.0;} </style> <![endif]--> ...which makes IE7 behave correctly (ie, show all six lines) but butchers the css line-height, which is essential. Still working on this.IE6 on the same machine now behaves exactly the same as IE7, despite the conditional comment being aimed at IE7... so they're definitely sharing resources. If anyone has IE6 stand alone, i'd appreciate feedback.

Archived