HTML Basics

elegantcustomjewelers

Okay, I read the instructions at HTML school, but I am lost. I know this is way out of my league.I have built my website myself from Yahoo Small Business. In two years I have had 2 sales. So, I am trying new things, and I was given a good idea in another forum to try to add a sections when people click on a picture to have an option "email to a friend". Called yahoo they said HTML. I said ??? I read all the schools, hits and so forth, I AM LOST. Help??Let's see if I even posted this right.I would really apreciate any help.Best RegardsStaceyhttp://www.elegantcustomjewelers.com

Hi, welcome to the forums.Lets first look at what the problem is. Is your lack of sales directly related to the inability to email an item description or image to a friend?I highly doubt that is the problem. I suspect its just a marketing issue. Now, will the feature be nice to add, sure. But since your experience in that area is limited, you will be beating yourself on the head for something that is not likely going to return the favor.So, I'd be looking into ways to promote the site. Did you build it with the Field of Dreams mentality that folks will magically come to your site once it went live? What marketing efforts have you invested in the site thus far? Have you analyzed why they failed? Do you have a traditional brick-n-mortor business where the website is just another sales opportunity or is the site all you have? Do you have a defined target market and a marketing plan to go along with that?So many questions and so many things to look at to answer your lack of sales issue.Do you really want someone right now to help you with the "email to friend" feature or do you really need help with techniques to drive traffic (the more qualified the better) to your site?

I did Adwords I spent lots of $$$$ and it did nothing. I paid for lots of "hits" Click to pay still nothing.I had lots of issues that I have recently fixed. I TYPED IN ALL CAPS FOR ONE. That drove people nuts I am sure.I had 3 pages of Bracelets. Now I have just on with all on one.There were lots of pages all together on the site. I was told to make it simple.I am currently offering Free Shipping, Free Earrings and $10.00 Coupon for next purchase. That is the only insentives I could think of.I have made the colors more attractive. before I had a to many colors and to many pictures. Too confusing.Every month I do "new this month". I was emailing from a bunch of previous customers for our "monthly" specials with coupons.I even got in the car and went to nail salons, dry cleaners and so forth. I sold something every stop. But no repeat customers on the web. Oh, and I do take all major credit cards and paypal so it is easy for them to make an order. ???Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.Stacey

Stacy - I sell hand-crafted baby-knitwear.... (the mens-folk will please stop laughing, yes?!) and as long as you don't know your customers you can forget the sell-via-internet-dream. This was also confirmed by a forum friend who sells... guess what... jewelry. I have not sold one single item with the website I made!

Archived