Some navigation issues

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks

Ok well I have to do something like the navigation located here at http://dhseagles.kpdsb.on.ca. It has things popping out on hover, but the sub-category headers (e.g. Sports, Business, Communications) IS NOT A REAL LINK.I want to make something like this with XHTML and CSS, no JavaScript. I want it to be as semantic and accessible as possible. I have multiple levels of navigation but do not want a pop-up menu/toolbar thing for each one. What is a good method that is effective and accessible that I can implement without JavaScript or PHP?

Guest FirefoxRocks

Actually, I don't want things to fly out. I want to keep it clean and un-verbose, while keeping it consistent and effective. If I had something like a Sports page, or a Business page, it would be a lot easier, but I don't, and I don't have sufficient information to make that page.

Actually, I don't want things to fly out. I want to keep it clean and un-verbose, while keeping it consistent and effective. If I had something like a Sports page, or a Business page, it would be a lot easier, but I don't, and I don't have sufficient information to make that page.
both look like the same behavoiur to me, subject to size and colour.
Exactly what I was going to say.Give a screenshot of what the CSS menu looks now, and/or what would you like it to look like. Use the expanded version (i.e. with the menus being flied out).

I don't know what I want it to look like. But I know that I don't want things flying out on hover.
Well, you are giving some descriptions, and you're declining that, so you must be having something in your head right now, and we're no mind readers... well... at least I am not.Open a photoshop or paint or something and start drawing. Once you can provide at least a basic idea, someone MAY be able to help.

Guest FirefoxRocks

All I want is something effective, semantic and accessible. If you think that the CSS example you provided is good enough, then I will try implementing that.

All I want is something effective, semantic and accessible. If you think that the CSS example you provided is good enough, then I will try implementing that.
Yes. I do think it's that. Just look at the source code and the title - no JavaScript, with lists, and uses conditional comments to provide IE6 with :hover support, 3 levels (possible to translate into 4 and more), degrades well without CSS because of the lists - traslates to effective, semantic and accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived