MYSQl Help

SpOrTsDuDe.Reese

Ok i have created a website. im thinking of changing it though to a search engine. once i have created the mysql databases, and someone types something in to start doing the search engine, what is the code to have it search the database for any results query. i will figure out the code to display the results. oh and currently i will need a name for my website. any personal suggestions as to a good name for a search engine?i was thinking along the lines of: www.InfoFactions.comP.S-How do you get a(n) https server. such as HTTPS://www.(whateversfdsafd).comcurrently on my website i have yet to figure out how to acqure the https server.Please do not tell me to go google my answer. currently i have no way to konw how to access my mysql database and get the search engine going.

If all you want to do is return records where a certain field contains a certain string, you can do this:SELECT ... FROM table WHERE field LIKE '%string%'For setting up a secure server, the first thing you need to do is buy an SSL certificate from a certificate authority. Your host might have a way to do that already, or they might have certain certificate authorities that they work with. Once the certificate is installed on the web server it will be able to do secure communication.

Ok. Thanks for the info about the HTTPS server. My birthday just passed a little while ago and my brother promised me a HTTPS server and he had no idea how to get it so I have been scrutinizing around trying to figure out how you would get one. Thank you

OK. I told that to my brother and though I believe my website for a Search Engine will not need/require a HTTPS server. When I originally posted this I believed I would stick to my idea of a gaming website. However since I am going onto college I need to think more business-like so a search-engine is needed. Thank you for closing this thread. I have learned what I need to know

Archived