website

SpOrTsDuDe.Reese

hello im trying to figure out how to correctly set up mysql databases. and im trying to hink of a good domain name to set up my search engine site. also what program do i use to set up an algorithm? java? also any ideas on a good website domain? ANSWER PLZ

hello im trying to figure out how to correctly set up mysql databases.
To "set up" a database, the easiest way is to use a program like phpMyAdmin to create the database, tables, and fields. You can also use a command line client with MySQL if you prefer typing the SQL commands to do everything. To "design" an efficient database requires enough experience working with databases to know what works well and what doesn't for your situation.You don't use any program to "set up" an algorithm. An algorithm is a series of steps to solve a problem. A program is made up of several algorithms to do what needs to be done. I use ConTEXT to write all of my code (link in sig), but you're not going to find anything that writes algorithms for you. That's why people go to school for computer science, to learn how to write efficient algorithms. It's not something you can just download a program for and speak into a microphone and say "give me an algorithm that does exactly what I want" and voila. You do have to actually design it and write it yourself, that's what programming is.If you were talking about Al Gore, sadly, again there is no way to give Al Gore rhythm.

If you were talking about Al Gore, sadly, again there is no way to give Al Gore rhythm.
First of all, R O F L about the algore thing lol. and thank you. im about to go onto college and begin the following courses to become a web deisnger:Computer ScienceWeb/Multimedia DesignWeb/Multimedia ManagementComputer Programming-GeneralAny other courses needed for my idea? and also thank you for the pHPmyadmin. I looked on my website and i found out how to work on it. the computer science course is needed for research for me making an algorithm?

Computer science and computer programming courses will teach you all about data structures and algorithms. Here's the course catalog for my college:http://sci.asu.edu/courses/cse.phpThey've changed it since I've been there, but some of the courses I took that I enjoyed were things like CSE100, CSE120, CSE205, CSE240, CSE310, CSE340, CSE355, CSE360, etc. Those types gave me the basic understanding of programming concepts, and then the 400-level courses are where all the fun stuff happens, like CSE414, CSE430 and 432, CSE470, CSE471 etc. Looking at the catalog again makes me want to go back and get my master's, they've added a lot of cool things. The entire 500 level looks really appealing. It would be pretty cool to build my own OS, compiler, and database management system.

I looked at all their classes and they are awesome. However about the college look at my "resume"Math Classes:Freshman-Integrated GeometrySophomore-Integrated Algebra 2Junior-College MathSenior-(undecided. Im a junior)Science Classes:Freshman-Honors Earth ScienceSophomore-BiologyJunior-Environmental Science 1Senior-(undecided)History Classes:Freshman-American Gov'tSophomore-World HistoryJunior-U.S. HistorySenior-(undecided)Other Classes (That Relate):E-BusinessAlso what gpa would you need to get in the school? It looks great. Also it looks like they teach alot of stuff. What I want to know is what do they teach out of: HTML, CSS, XHTML, PHP, MYSQL, JSP, JS, VB, CF, ASP.NetAnything in particular you want to tell me?

I'm not sure about the web technologies, when I was there they didn't have many classes dealing with those. They do now though, so I would expect that you would be able to learn whatever you will need to use. One thing about programming classes is they typically don't teach you one specific language (at least at ASU). Instead they teach you the general concepts that you use with any language, and they use various languages to illustrate the concepts. CSE240, for example, uses ADA, LISP/Scheme, and PROLOG to illustrate three types (or 'paradigms') of programming languages. They don't focus on the specific syntax and things like that (the student is expected to be able to learn that on their own), they just show you what is unique about that language, why it is a certain paradigm, and some of the concepts that you use when working with the language. So even though my "main" language through school was C++ (now you can choose either C++ or Java), throughout my education I probably worked with somewhere around 10-12 languages. In addition to the three languages for CSE240 we covered some x86 assembly, old-school C, Java, etc. But the purpose of the classes wasn't to learn those languages so much as learn the concepts that you need to use them. We used C when we were being taught about shared memory, multithreading, memory allocation, etc. We used Java when we were being taught about object-orientation, classes, inheritance, etc.So, I would expect that many of the classes dealing with internet technologies are going to teach about the HTTP protocol, what communication takes place between a server and a client, how a web browser sends data to a server, etc, and they may choose a specific language (I would expect they would use PHP since it's free and open source) to illustrate the things they are talking about. So the focus wouldn't be on PHP, the focus would be on the concepts behind internet programming, and you could take those concepts and apply them to whatever language you choose to use. They will teach you what cookies are and how they work, and it would be up to you to find out how your chosen language (PHP, ASP, JSP, etc) handles cookies. This works out pretty well, I've never used ColdFusion, for example, but I'm confident that I know enough about internet programming that if I were asked to write a ColdFusion application the vast majority of research time would be looking up the CF syntax for things I already know how to do. That's what you need to be a good programmer, a knowledge of language syntax is not nearly as important as knowing the concepts you're working with and how to do the research you'll need to do. The only exception I can see would be with HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Since those languages are essentially the only languages available for doing what they do, I would expect that they will focus specifically on those when teaching about web design, that would make sense.My GPA in high school wasn't that great, it hovered around a 3.0 and I believe my SAT score was either in the 1200s or 1300s (my memory isn't so good these days, probably due in part to the excessive fun I had in college). I'm not sure what the entrance requirements are for ASU, but you can check with the registrar if you're interested. It's also not real important which classes you take in high school (other then maybe being able to test out of the basic college classes), when you get to college you'll end up taking most of it over anyway, or at least what you'll need. In my senior year in high school I was taking a Calculus III class, and when I got to college I still started with Calculus I. I might not have needed to, but it doesn't hurt.

Ok thanks about all the information. I'll probably go to your old school. My current GPA is somewhere around 2.5? And I took the PSATs in mid october so I do not know what I have gotten in that. This school founds perfect for me.

Yeah, if you like a university with ~60,000 students where a large portion are very attractive women (who need to stay in shape because there's no snow jacket weather), it's not bad. It really does have a good engineering program though, the school of computer science has had a lot of money and resources put into it lately, new buildings and that type of thing. And the department headquarters for the CS school (and some classrooms) is right next to a Hooter's, so that's pretty cool too I guess, if you're into that type of thing.

Ok. I will probably go to that school. It sounds perfect. Yea I am straight so I would like Hooters. However I have a girlfriend so I think thats a bit limited for me. Also where is the school located? Can't wait to start going there.

It's located right here. The new CS building I believe is this one, on Mill Ave just off the main campus. If you click the Map button to take off the satellite photo you can see the grey outline of university-owned land, last I heard they were trying to buy more property on the corner of University and Mill to expand. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Google is building an office on the "lake" to the north of campus. Not a bad spot to intern at. Right now they have an office here.

Ah. Very nice. However I talked to some people and I found a school that would give me the same education in my state im in. I live in Maryland so going away that far would be a problem for my parents and my Girlfriend and me. So yea...just going to a local college. That'll be just as good. Hopefully =[

Archived