Can't fix < /> at the end of my tag

gambit

OK, I know this is probably simple but I'm using 110mb as a server, my web page is www.3rdcommandos.110mb.com. I'm creating a site for my team to practice with html. I started out trying to make it html 4.0 transitional then I tried to make it xhtml 1.0 but couldn't get that to validate ether so I went back to html. I'm not really sure when this problem started or why its happening but there are several spots where my tags close with <etc... /> showing validation errors. When I try to fix them and save the file they return back to where they were. Can someone help me with this plz.

Yeah, I dont know what was up with that. It was up. I had that problem. Then when I exited the browser and tried to go back to it, it was no longer there my whole file was gone. I'm thinking the save file option on the page just wasn't working or something. I'm fixing to put it back up real quick check it again plz.OK, I put the site back up in xhtml transitional format if you would plz review it and tell me if i made any mistakes.Thank you for your help w3s members.

No, i think that there was just something wrong with my browser it was just refreshing or something when i clicked save. Not really sure but i fixed it nowwent to xhtml anyways. But if you want to check the codes and make sure its correct, and let me know what you find.

I only used coffee cup to test the code and it made a header at first it was html 4.01 but i changed it now to xhtml 1.0 transitional but I'm not really using coffee cup to generate anything else. Sorry if I don't have all the terms correct I'm am in a learning process.

Archived