Best way to replicate this (form question)...

smartalco

I'm helping build an online employment application for the school district here, and at the moment I'm just replicating the original application (currently it's a .pdf), my question is how I would best convert this to code (see attached image), the most obvious answer is a whole bunch of text fields in a table, however I think that will look horrible, but I can think of no decent alternativeideas anyone?application1uy2.jpg

Try using AJAX and Javascript to have some questions, and when they hit "Next" the browser loads more questions. Look at American Eagles Form they do for employment. (A.E. isn't best example but I was applying for a job there and I noticed it).

Try using AJAX and Javascript to have some questions, and when they hit "Next" the browser loads more questions. Look at American Eagles Form they do for employment. (A.E. isn't best example but I was applying for a job there and I noticed it).Google their website

Try using AJAX and Javascript to have some questions, and when they hit "Next" the browser loads more questions. Look at American Eagles Form they do for employment. (A.E. isn't best example but I was applying for a job there and I noticed it).Google their websiteMy bad for second post. Internet wasn't responding for my first post so I never saw it.

Table looks like the way to go if you ask me. If this is actually a form, than use a form. Instead of a table, you could lay it out as1st page: Graduate work- Name and location of school (a button or something to add a new location to the list)- Dates attended (from and to fields, ideally with some sort of a date picker widget like jQuery's one)- Total Hours- Major field- Degree awarded2nd page: Undergraduate worksame fields as above.Be sure to remember the values entered from one page to the next somehow, and check them when the page changes. It's very annoying to fill in the second page, only to find out that the format you've used since the first one was wrong.

You don't need to have the text boxes show up as text boxes. When most people see a form like that they know that they can write in the spaces (even if it's online), so you can have your text boxes styled with no border and no background color, so they are transparent. Clicking in one of the boxes would put the cursor in the text field, but they wouldn't see the ugliness involved with a ton of text fields in a table.

Archived