How do you break lines?

Eric

I wasn't sure if to post it here (XSLT) or in the XML forum.Since it has to do with style sheet for XML, I figured it was best posted here.****I'm playing around with XML and a style sheet for it, how do I break lines in the XML? I know it would be something in the style sheet, since XML doesn't display date, it just describes it :) But I'm not sure how to display line breaks using style sheet?Here are the two files I'm using:test.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?><?xml-stylesheet href="xmlstyle.css" type="text/css"?><xml>	<title>This is a XML document</title>	<date>January 13, 2006</date>  <text>  This is the text in this document.  <br/>  <br/>  This is where I write stuff  </text></xml>

xmlstyle.css

text {	color: yellow;	background-color: red;	font-size: 25px;}date {	border: 2px solid #000;}title {	font-weight: bold;	font-style: italic;}convertLineBreaks {	display:none;}br {	/* I don't know what to put here */}

When I view the page, it is all displayed on one line. But the contents of <text> is supposed to be on multiple lines.

CSS isn't and it never was the future of XML styling. Only XSLT has the power to make the br tag a true line break. As for a line break with CSS, I think it could be done with "display: block" but even if I'm wrong, it still doesn't matter. XSLT forever :) .

Well all I know is that Google did it for their blog feed xml pages, using css. The page source showed no .xsl files linked to it.If XML linked to a CSS file is good enough for Google then.......The only reason I used CSS is because Google used it when I checked their page souce for their XML pages. Don't shoot the messenger, I was just coping what I saw used elsewhere :)Also, I said I was playing around with doing an XML page, I'm not making one on a professional level to be used in real-life documents, so why should it matter how if I'm using CSS or XSL?You play with something first, THEN you do it right :)Who cares "xslt is the future", doesn't bother me.

I'm sorry if I seemed a bit offensive in my last post. Didn't mean it to be so.Anyway. Did the "display: block" thing I suggested work?Oh, yes... I forgot to mention it in the previous post. Place each of your rows in separated elements and apply the "display: block" to the "text" element.