Combo box

user4fun

Umm.. where do you get the data from? Say you use AJAX to request a text file into the textareaJavaScript

<script type="text/javascript">	function changetext() {		document.getElementById('text').value = "Loading...";		var page = document.getElementById('choice').value;		xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest; //Add IE code		xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = function() {			if (xmlHttp.readyState == 4) document.getElementById('text').value = xmlHttp.responseText;		}		xmlHttp.open("GET", file, true);		xmlHttp.send(null);	}</script>

Combobox

<select id="choice">	<option value="eula.txt">EULA</option>	<option value="copy.txt">Copyright</option>	<option value="disclaim.txt">Disclaimer</option></select><input type="button" onclick="changetext()" value="show" />

Textarea

<textarea id="text"></textarea>

I am going to have the terms in a Mysql table.so I need a php file (get_def.php) that will $REQUEST the value of the the choice, and then back the $definition value pulled from the table??Is that correct? or do I need to save every term in a seperate txt file?

No, you can do the database system if you want. You seem to be progressing well in your other posts.

Archived