Domain help

dj-firewall

hi pplmy problem is that i have a domain (www.example.com) and have a home page (home.html) on itfrom there got a few more pages (page2.html, ...)when browsing through the web site it gives me www.example.com/page2.html in the address baris there a way where i can hide the www.example.com/page2.html to only www.example.com

Only if you use a frameset. That won't stop people from finding your files though, it will just cause only the URL of the frameset to be displayed in the address bar, in addition to making search engines link to the wrong pages and making it impossible for users to bookmark a certain page or have a link to a certain page from outside the frameset. But, if you really want to use a frameset and have it only show the URL of the frameset, those are the issues you have to deal with.

if you are running apache you can use your .htaccess file (with mod_rewrite) to make the URLs more frindly (but not remove the nam,es complately).You could have www.example.com/page/2/ or www.example.com/page-title/

Archived