manipulating a page forwarding

HumanZoo22

Hello, normally i would just find my answer on yahoo, but this one i cant. I am trying to get rid of the toolbar when i forward my intro page to my main page. I am trying not to treat the forwarding page (main) as a popup because of popup blockers. so far i have this script: <script>function forward(){location.href= "site.htm" ;}</script><body onload="setTimeout('forward()',5000)" >I know that mostly a person would have to click a link. or open the page manually for the page to lack toolbars or scrolling. but opening a new window function is a bit extreme if i can do the same thing without opening a new window. any info / links / help would be more than welcome...THANK YOU;Levi

The only way you can affect the chrome that the browser shows is using window.open, you can't change it after the fact. You might be able to use a window name of "_self" with window.open to get it to open in the same window, but even then since the window is already open I don't think you can change the chrome. It might be worth a test though.

You can get window.open to open the URL in the same window using _self, but unfortunately you can't change the window's attributes using that method (at least not in FF2).

Archived