"header("Location") question

ceverson25

Hi, as a PHP newbie, I am trying to change an existing PHP page that is used when visitors to my site add items to thier shopping cart. Essentially , after an item is added to the cart, the user is currently being redirected back to my site HOME page. Can this be changed so the user remins on the current page ?I have found what I believe is the line of code that redirects the user (header:location="index") , can someone please help me ?, script is belowThanks"<?phpsession_start();require_once("classes/product.cls.php");require_once("classes/category.cls.php");require_once("classes/cart.cls.php");require_once("classes/dbconn.cls.php");require_once("classes/fmt.cls.php");require_once("includes/DateUtil.inc.php");$dbobj = new DBConn; // Instanciating the DBConn Class$db = $dbobj->openConn(); // Opening the database connection//$fmtobj = new FmtData; // Instanciating the FmtData Class//$proObj = new Product;$cartObj = new Cart;$prodObj=new Product;$prodID=array();$prodID=$prodObj->getRecords($db, $_REQUEST['hidden_ProdID'], $status="All");//print_r($prodID);if($_POST["chkAdd"] == "ADD" || $_REQUEST['chkAdd'] == "ADD"){ if(empty($_SESSION['cart_sess_id'])) { $_SESSION['cart_sess_id'] = md5(uniqid("1")); } if(!empty($_POST['hidden_ProdID'])){ $CartItem = $cartObj->getRecordsByProductSession($db, $_POST['hidden_ProdID'], $_SESSION['cart_sess_id']); } elseif(!empty($_REQUEST['hidden_ProdID'])){ $CartItem = $cartObj->getRecordsByProductSession($db, $_REQUEST['hidden_ProdID'], $_SESSION['cart_sess_id']); } // Check for duplicate if(count($CartItem) > 0) { //$msg = "The item has already been added to the cart."; header("location: cart.php?msg=198"); exit; } else { $cartData = array(); $CartData['cart_sess_id'] = $_SESSION['cart_sess_id']; $CartData['prod_id'] = $_REQUEST['hidden_ProdID']; $CartData['prod_price'] = $prodID[0]['prod_price']; if(empty($_REQUEST['qty'])){ // this is for index/category/subcategory pages $CartData['prod_qty'] = 1; $CartData['prod_total'] = doubleval($prodID[0]['prod_price'] * 1); } else{ $CartData['prod_qty'] = $_REQUEST['qty']; $CartData['prod_total'] = doubleval($prodID[0]['prod_price'] * $_REQUEST['qty']); } $CartData['cart_sys_date'] = date("Y-m-d H:i:s"); // print_r($CartData); $cartObj->addRecord($db, $CartData); } header("location:index.php"); exit;}?>"

[quote name='justsomeguy' post='92575' date='Dec 18 2007, 06:57 PM']You can change it to this:header("Location: " . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);[/quote]Thanks for the suggestion , I tried this but still the same , blank screen after adding a product, with the URL showing the script http://..../addtocart.phpAnything else I can try please ?Last few lines of the script.."// print_r($CartData); $cartObj->addRecord($db, $CartData); } header("Location: " . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); exit;

Well going to $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] goes to the same page, where do you want to go? I thought you said you wanted them to stay on the same page, that's what that will do. Do you want to redirect them back to the page where they clicked on the link from? That would be $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'].

Well going to $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] goes to the same page, where do you want to go? I thought you said you wanted them to stay on the same page, that's what that will do. Do you want to redirect them back to the page where they clicked on the link from? That would be $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'].
Thats done it , using referer, thanks so much for your help.!

Archived