Comment Boxes and Forums

vmistry94

I've looked on the schools website, and nowhere can I find a tutorial on how to make Comment Boxes (so people can give feedback on things such as videos, articles etc) and Forums. If there is a section like that then I haven't seen it and I apologise about this topic, but if there isn't then can someone please tell me or send me a tutorial on how to create those two things. I've appreciate it if it is added on the website, if not already there. Thanks.

There are no tutorials on the site specifically for those situations. The site teachs the basics with simple examples.To create a comment box (like at the bottom of a blof post?) you would first create a database table to hold the comments (CommentID, CommentAuthor, AuthorEmail, AuthorWebsite, CommentText).You then need an HTML form with Author Name, Email, Website, Comment fields.The script to process the form simple places the form contents into the database table. You could also write a scriptt o display the comments that have been left if you wish.I doubt you will find a tutorial on creating a forum. you need to think about what the parts of a forum are and break it down.

• 2 weeks later...

You're not going to find any tutorials on how to make specific complex applications. There's too much involved for a tutorial to work for everyone, and likewise a tutorial that tries to work for everyone would be too generic to be very useful. The only way to write a complex application is to get the experience that you need to design and develop it, you can't just read a tutorial and expect to know everything you need to know for something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
You're not going to find any tutorials on how to make specific complex applications. There's too much involved for a tutorial to work for everyone, and likewise a tutorial that tries to work for everyone would be too generic to be very useful. The only way to write a complex application is to get the experience that you need to design and develop it, you can't just read a tutorial and expect to know everything you need to know for something like that.
Yes I understand what you mean, I'm just touching on the tip of what to expect from other languages like, Actionscript, Visual Basic etc. Time to move on.

Archived