How to inform People about my website

khalidvip

Dear all,I have developed a website, but now my boss told me that all the people must inform about the website that we have the website.I dont know, how to do this, i told them we can do it by email, but he told me we dont have email address of all.any idea? would be too much appreciated.Khalid

I thought you ment to all costumers who you allready had for your company :S*well register your site to google and other search motors*

You should also advertise to other popular sites that deal with the same and/or related thing to your company's business. Sometimes, this might requre investments, but you should tell your boss that they'll be worth it if you advertise "correctly". In other words: advertise at appropriate places.

advertsing your website is like advertsing you house for sale - I just had to say that for some reason . . . here are my points . . . first, do you service customers on a global, national, regional, or local level? this will greatly dictate your marketing approach. If you're global, then I would focus more money on internet advertising as a means to draw folks to my site. If you are local only (the other side of the spectrum), then I would use traditional means of advertising to draw folks to my site.You also need figure out what your site's mission is - to inform your customers, to service your customers, to gain or retain customers, or strictly advertise your products/services. This, again will dictate what fdrms of advertising will work.I've got much more to discuss, but everything is a case by case basis. Respond to the couple points I made and I can definitely get you steered in the right direction - any more stratigizing will require an offline discussion/consulting.

Also, television advertising helps a lot.If your company can afford it, have them put together a couple of tv ads and have them air about twice a week for about 4 weeks.That should take care of some of your new traffic.Also, having them air on different types of shows will also help get people of different interests. Kid shows, sports, action shows, etc.

Sorry, but good advertising is not about taking stabs in the dark. There are certain mediums of advertising that right for some and wrong for others.We know NOTHING about what this cat is trying to sell and who he works for. Would any of the advice given so far be a appropriate say for Vivid Video? TV Advertising in particular could be a very good idea, but there is an art to figuring out which spots to grab on which channels and on which shows. The same holds true for radio - not to the extent, but still.The biggest thing we lack from the initial post is the definition of their target audience. Now, if he replies with even the smallest description of what that might be . . . then we are getting somewhere.P.S. I'm curious, besides candy and non-alcoholic beverages, what product appeals to a kid, an athlete, and an action movie buff?:)

Those were just generals :)I agree that he needs to tailor to his target audience.And here's a good example for kid, sports, actionYour product cars.Guys watch sports, guys like cars.Guys like action movies, guys like cars.A father *may* watch kid shows with his son/daughter, guys like cars.:)

Those were just generals :)I agree that he needs to tailor to his target audience.And here's a good example for kid, sports, actionYour product cars.Guys watch sports, guys like cars.Guys like action movies, guys like cars.A father *may* watch kid shows with his son/daughter, guys like cars.:)

THANKS FROM ALL OF YOU GUIDING ME TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION, BUT COULD I ASK YOU THAT" IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISPLAY ALL INTERNET USERS IN THE WORLD OR A COUNTRY A MESSAGE INFORMING THEM ABOUT MY WEBSITE THOSE WHO ARE USING THE INTERNET?.KHALID

THANKS FROM ALL OF YOU GUIDING ME TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION, BUT COULD I ASK YOU THAT" IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISPLAY ALL INTERNET USERS IN THE WORLD OR A COUNTRY A MESSAGE INFORMING THEM ABOUT MY WEBSITE THOSE WHO ARE USING THE INTERNET?.KHALID

No, its not - and if it were written in all CAPS, many would ignore it anyway. :) There is no way to broadcast a message to all internet users because there is no way for any one computer to know when any one person is online. The only way one computer knows another is online is if one requests information from the other. And, if that were happening everytime I was online, then it would be an invasion of my privacy.So, you have to get you message place in a location that you think users will see it - enter stage left - search engines and web directories. Of course, as already mentioned, all other means of internet and traditional advertising is also fair game.

A good way to get some "local" traffic is to print up a few shirts with your web address on it. Wear one, and walk around the mall. Get your friends to wear them too and have them walk around different places.In the past, I've checked out a few websites I found on peoples clothes :)