Alignment inside a table

sverkot

I have a table that has a table inside it.<table id="myTable"><tr valign="top" ...><td valign="top"> <table id="innerTableAlignedToTop" ..> <tr><td>..</td></tr></td></tr></table>Now my problem is that I want another table inside "myTable" that's aligned to the bottom of it. Is there a way to accomplish this? I have tried several ways to accomplish this - but none of them seems to be working.Thanks.

You didn't close the nested table.

<table id="myTable">  <tr valign="top" ...>	<td valign="top">	  <table id="innerTableAlignedToTop" ..> <tr><td>..</td></tr></table>	</td>  </tr>  <tr>	<td valign="bottom">	  <table> <tr><td>..</td></tr></table>	</td>  </tr></table>

Thanks for the reply. I should have explained it a little bit more.My table structure is more complicated. I have 5 tables inside the big one and I want each to be aligned to the top with the bigTable. So adding another <tr> wont work. <table id = myBigTable><tr align="top><td valign="top><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheTopOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheBottomOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr></td><td valign="top><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheTopOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheBottomOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr></td><td valign="top><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheTopOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheBottomOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr></td><td valign="top><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheTopOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr><table id="iWantThisToBeAlignedToTheBottomOfMyBigTable><tr>...</tr></td></tr></table myBigTable>Hope I'm making some sense! I basically want to align within a td tag 2 tables - one to the top and one on the bottom. Is it possible? All the td heights are generated dynamically and there's a sorting button in bottom of each list. I want all the sort buttons neatly aligned to the bottom of the table.

Archived