Scrollbar Colors

Elemental

Hey Folks, I recently tried the following example on a page, I'm teaching myself css, but it did not produce the desired effect.

<STYLE TYPE="text/css"> BODY { scrollbar-base-color: orange; scrollbar-arrow-color: green;scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: blue; }</STYLE>

The above example is from Joe Burns' article "SCROLL BAR COLORS", see example here.When I went to the link/site my scrollbar changed to the colors but it didn't work when I used it; all I did was copy and paste the code above between the head tags.Is it possible, due to my limited knowledge of CSS, that there is something missing from the code above that prevents it from working for me?Thanks for any helpPeace,Elemental

coloring the scrollbars only works with IE. :)
S@m,Thank you, didn't know that, but I was using IE; IE7Peace,Elemental

But the point is, not all of the viewers of your website will be using IE, and for them the scrollbars will not look different. Better not to use them at all (also, your CSS won't be valid if you do use the properties).However, if you do want to go ahead, the code looks fine, you may have pasted the code wrongly. Can we see the rest of the code?

But the point is, not all of the viewers of your website will be using IE, and for them the scrollbars will not look different. Better not to use them at all (also, your CSS won't be valid if you do use the properties).However, if you do want to go ahead, the code looks fine, you may have pasted the code wrongly. Can we see the rest of the code?
Here's where I saw the scriptI just copied and pasted the example, and it worked fine this time.Peace,Elemental

Archived