mysql id..?

ikkyino

Heylo, wondering if this would work..? i want an id so if i want to delete a row i can do it by id vs. names where i'll have duplicates...

$sql="INSERT INTO movies (Title, Rate, Length)VALUES('$_POST[title]','$_POST[rate]','$_POST[length]')";$sql2 = "INSERT INTO movies (Id)VALUES ('mysql_insert_id()')";

i'm sure there's a better way, but i don't know it :).. so help on how to do it would be great :)-Ikky

Heylo, wondering if this would work..? i want an id so if i want to delete a row i can do it by id vs. names where i'll have duplicates...
$sql="INSERT INTO movies (Title, Rate, Length)VALUES('$_POST[title]','$_POST[rate]','$_POST[length]')";$sql2 = "INSERT INTO movies (Id)VALUES ('mysql_insert_id()')";

i'm sure there's a better way, but i don't know it :).. so help on how to do it would be great :)-Ikky

The way you're doing it, it will create two registers: one without an ID and one that only has an ID.If you want an ID for registers of the table you just need to add an ID field to it and give it the AUTO_INCREMENT feature.

The id field can also benefit from being PRIMARY KEY (speeds up table processing).id INT(6) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT

Archived