Compile Proplems

Nim199

Hi,I have noticed that any aplications I attemped to run on most computers, do not work. I am taking the exe file from the "Bin" in my project solution folder (VB.NET Express 2005). Is there anyother way to compile the porgram? - or what else can you suggest.Thanks in advance!

The computers you want to run your applications on must have the .Net framework installed (same version as you used to write the program) and any external files your application uses must also be copied to each computer (i.e. xml or image files).

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way of getting past that problem (eg. compiling in a way that means it will not require the framework to run?) other than packing the framework along with each app?Thanks

Desktop.However, if you know how to use web apps, plaese inform me. I am testing the MSDN 2005 EXPRESS Web Development Software.I have built a website with a vb code included, and I want to place it my family's website. I have look around, and done a search, but I can't find any usful info anywhere.I am wondring wheather the .sln files (solutions) need compiling, but I can't find anything to surgest that. If you can't help, no problem.For now, are desktop tuff takes priority.Hope this makes sence...

Archived