Rich Text

panaoui

Hi,I want help on the following:I'm going to construct a webpage(hopefully) where I will be insert a text area and a toolbar somewhere (like that I'm writing know the topic) where the user he would be able to write some text. This text it would be having some rich text like bold,bullets,colour...All this information I will be save them into the database somehow. Now my questions---> How can I save rich text properties in my database? Should I make another column in the database to save them? ---> How can I spilt the text which the user has wrote to "sections" so I can said that this "point" up to here is that information so save it in that column?I don't know if you understand me what I'm trying to ask.Sorry about my English I'm not very good on spelling them... :) Thanks

How can I save rich text properties in my database? Should I make another column in the database to save them?
You could, but it would be far easier just to save the raw text sent by the form, the rich text data (whether it is RTF or HTML) will be saved with it. If it is in RTF, then you can convert it to HTML for displaying via PHP e.g. with this class: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/1930.html
How can I spilt the text which the user has wrote to "sections" so I can said that this "point" up to here is that information so save it in that column?
You can have a row for each section and an extra column to define which section the user wrote in.

Archived