Which one?

panaoui

Hi,I have started to learn to learn Asp .Net2.0 through a book. Few days ago I saw that there is a new version .Net3.5. Now I wonder if I install 3.5 should I will be able to follow with the book I had which support .Net2.0 . Are there a lot of differences between this two versions?Thanks Pan

I haven't started using .NET 3.5, but 2.0 wasn't all that different from 1.1 which wasn't all that different from 1.0. There'll be some new features in 3.5 that aren't in 2.0, but the basics won't have changed all that much.

Hi,I have started to learn to learn Asp .Net2.0 through a book. Few days ago I saw that there is a new version .Net3.5. Now I wonder if I install 3.5 should I will be able to follow with the book I had which support .Net2.0 . Are there a lot of differences between this two versions?Thanks Pan
Both 3.0 and 3.5 "wrap around" 2.0, adding their own enhancements. All the 2.0 assemblies are still used by 3.5 just the same as before. So yes, you can install 3.5 and continue to use that book without any problems at all.

Archived