Image map highlight

kurt.santo

I would love to incorporate an image map where you click onto certain areas to get to a specific page. The areas are separated via black lines.How do you highlight the selection when the mouse goes over it? That would look great if the user would see the outlines of the area in brigh red for example (as opposed to black). Am sure I have seen this someome, but cannot find it any more...Kurt

I would love to incorporate an image map where you click onto certain areas to get to a specific page. The areas are separated via black lines.How do you highlight the selection when the mouse goes over it? That would look great if the user would see the outlines of the area in brigh red for example (as opposed to black). Am sure I have seen this someome, but cannot find it any more...Kurt
Seems there is not a way to do this... How else could you show user that he has selected a certain area of the image map?Kurt

Seems there is not a way to do this... How else could you show user that he has selected a certain area of the image map?Kurt
swap the image on-hover over the various sections.you will need a new image for each part of the image-map.http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/imap the second demo. check the source code for the "group of people" css

• 1 month later...
Cheers, that is just what I am after. Kurt
I could make use of the code and found myself building a similar effect to the second example on the given website. Does anyone know if there would be any way to achieve similar effect with an image map? As this pic is not stored as background image it must be a different approach. Does anyone know if you can achieve the same thing with z-index or similar?Kurt

you would need some javascript to do that. I don't do javascript, sorry.
Cheers, maybe I should post in javascript section for a solution... Do not know much about Javascript myself, maybe there is a good tutorial (could not find anything myself).Kurt

Archived