IS there "HANG" problem in Duel Core??

Masroor Hussain

Hi, I want to buy a personal desktop computer, so plz guide me.DELL (3.0 GHz) is good or DUEL CORE(1.60 GHz) is good?Also tell me about CORE 2 DUE and CORE 2 CUARD ?Are branded computers good than new computers? I have listen that there is a Hanging problem in new computers.I live in PAKISTAN and in our country 2nd hand computers (DELL- COMPACT- IBM) come from America England and other countries, so we called 2nd hand computers as "BRANDED".plz guide me....Thanks

CORE 2 DUE and CORE 2 CUARD
Are you talking about core 2 duo and core 2 quad? In terms of performance, check the benchmarks yourself:http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.htmlAnyone who is competent enough can build a computer that doesn't crash. I've always built my own systems, for the most recent one I just went onto sites like Tom's to research CPUs, video cards, etc, and then went to sites like pricewatch to find everything for the lowest price, and then just put everything together myself when it all showed up. You might run into problems setting it up, I was using some really fast, really new RAM that wasn't wanting to run at max speed on the motherboard, but most problems you can work through. If you don't want to deal with those problems then buy a pre-made computer from someone like Dell or something, but if you buy one of those you're going to pay more and get less.

Working as a PC assembler myself, I can confirm justsomeguy's last statement - with a branded computer you pay more, and get less. The main difference a computer from DELL (for example) has with every other is that is says "DELL" everywhere you look at it. That, and occasionally a few details that you'll likely dislike, rather than like. A case in mind - a client had a DELL computer with no PS2 ports for keyboard and mouse. Instead, the motherboard had more USB ports, and the full package actually includes a USB keyboard and USB mouse (from DELL of course). I had to reinstall his Windows, but before doing so, I had to force the guy to go back home to pick up his keyboard and mouse. He was rather frustrated at that moment, but after all... you can't prepare yourself for such unique computers.I suggest that you buy your computer with the different parts instead of buying a premade configuration (regardless of whether it's a branded one or not). Ideally, go to a PC assembler and ask them to make you the best offer for a certain sum you're willing to invest in the computer (new PCs start somewhere around $275, but can go up to infinity). After ensuring you weren't screwed (if you've done your homework in searching on the internet for prices, this should only take a minute of staring into the paper), ensure they are going to assemble the PC for you, not just hand you the parts. Ask if any software is included. If it's given for free with the new machine (that is what I do to attract customers... the competition is very hot here), take it, even if you can install Windows yourself. That way, if something happens in the next day or two, you could demand a free reinstallation (otherwise, you'll have to pay the reinstallation fee, whatever that may be).

Archived