Critical OpinionsNeeded

Kovo

www.kevorkaghazarian.com My new portfolio site, still under construction, just has one page working (home page). What do you guys think? From a design and functionality perspective? Any issues you see? Something broken? Thanks a lot!! ps. click "enter site with effects on" other button dsnt work yet

I am using IE 6* The buttons on the splash are aligned too high (partially off the screen). Shift them down.* The alpha transparency doesn't work in IE 6. Search in the net for the JS fix.* 30 seconds and it is still "Loading, please wait a few seconds...". I'm off! You need to reduce loading times. (it took 1:04 to load for me).* "You are running Internet Explorer 6. You really should upgrade for security and performance reasons." Well... maybe its true, but there are a lot of situations where people will still be using IE 6 and not upgrading. I would take that off.There are other things, but I have to go.

I am using IE 6* The buttons on the splash are aligned too high (partially off the screen). Shift them down.* The alpha transparency doesn't work in IE 6. Search in the net for the JS fix.* 30 seconds and it is still "Loading, please wait a few seconds...". I'm off! You need to reduce loading times. (it took 1:04 to load for me).* "You are running Internet Explorer 6. You really should upgrade for security and performance reasons." Well... maybe its true, but there are a lot of situations where people will still be using IE 6 and not upgrading. I would take that off.There are other things, but I have to go.
I have not tested the site on IE6 so there should be a lot of issues. Thanks for posting them. 1:04 to load? Never took me more than 10 seconds on any connection here... you have dsl? or dial-up?Thanks for input. Unfortunately png workarounds dont work if they are backgrounds defined by CSS, so there is no option for that.As for browser targeting, I suppose IE6 is still a browser to code for, but so many of todays web techs hate IE6 and even IE7 is a stretch, but I will look into this, thanks.

thanks for the responses.Im working on the site, its a big project, I plan on running it purely on JS with AJAX, working on a blog, news system, logging systeem etc.. Ill keep posting updates. Thnaks a lot!

I plan on running it purely on JS with AJAX
Don't forget to provide accessability though for browsers without JavaScript, e.g. links that use JS but also have alternate hrefs to non-JS versions of that page.Btw. it looks much better in FF than IE 6 :) that is a very well thought-out implementation of Mootools.

• 3 months later...

The top part looks a little busy, if you know what I mean. There is alot to look at, instead of having one thing that draws the eye. Also it could just be me, but the font used on the menu is not the easiest to read. But overall, a very nicely put together website. I do like the dual website approach, one for people who have javascript turned off. It takes a while to load, but it works and looks great. Then if you have java script on you can go to the other option and it looks even better.

Oh wow! You did tis Flash thing very well. This effects look superbly professional and the layout is very well done. Keep it going. Wish I had your skills.

• 3 weeks later...

FF3 on WinXPI'm looking at your site with EFFECTS OFF.It's hard to read the text on your profile (the black text on white translucent background with wood background seeping through.Looks really pro otherwise.

There are LOTS of elements on that page. I don't know, but there's no element that catches my attention when I access the page. I'm looking at its center.Also, the page is not CSS valid. Correct the 12 mistakes :)Overall, the graphic elements are cool, but the way they come together is not that great.

Archived