why doesnt this code work

banditda

if(!function_exists('scandir')){function scandir($dir=false){}}if(!function_exists('scandir')){	function scandir($dir=false,$sort=0){		$dir = ($dir==false) ? dirname(__FILE__) : $dir;		//Checks to see if the directory is given, if not, just use the current directory;		$dir = (strstr($dir,"*")) ? $dir : $dir."*";		//If the directory contains a *, just leave it alone, if not, append it to the end.				$files = glob($dir);		$func = ($sort==0) ? 'asort' : 'arsort';		$func($files);		return $files;					}}

Should do it. The error is because the function scandir doesn't exist in your PHP version, whatever it may be. I believe scandir is a PHP 5 only thing, so your host must either be running PHP 4(because they don't feel like upgrading), or your host disabled access to scandir( for some reason unbeknownst to you or I).Take care.

if(!function_exists('scandir')){function scandir($dir=false){}}if(!function_exists('scandir')){	function scandir($dir=false,$sort=0){		$dir = ($dir==false) ? dirname(__FILE__) : $dir;		//Checks to see if the directory is given, if not, just use the current directory;		$dir = (strstr($dir,"*")) ? $dir : $dir."*";		//If the directory contains a *, just leave it alone, if not, append it to the end.				$files = glob($dir);		$func = ($sort==0) ? 'asort' : 'arsort';		$func($files);		return $files;					}}

Should do it. The error is because the function scandir doesn't exist in your PHP version, whatever it may be. I believe scandir is a PHP 5 only thing, so your host must either be running PHP 4(because they don't feel like upgrading), or your host disabled access to scandir( for some reason unbeknownst to you or I).Take care.

and i put this after the code?

That code basically checks whether there is a scandir() function and creates one if there isn't.

That code will define a function called scandir that doesn't do anything. Leave out the first part, you only want the second part.

if(!function_exists('scandir')){	function scandir($dir=false,$sort=0){		$dir = ($dir==false) ? dirname(__FILE__) : $dir;		//Checks to see if the directory is given, if not, just use the current directory;		$dir = (strstr($dir,"*")) ? $dir : $dir."*";		//If the directory contains a *, just leave it alone, if not, append it to the end.				$files = glob($dir);		$func = ($sort==0) ? 'asort' : 'arsort';		$func($files);		return $files;					}}

Archived