asp to mysql??

astralaaron

ASP is a server-side language, just as PHP is. ASP itself is not a scriptting language, but uses another language (eg VBScript or C#) to execute scripts. If you would like to communicate with a database in ASP, you could see the ASP tutorial first, and then turn to VBScript if you need more information (or visa versa).By the way, ASP(.NET) makes more use of SQL Server than MySQL. MySQL is widely used in PHP server-side scripting.

...Also, VBScript is terrible. Javascript would be a much better option.
I totally agree, in fact, I hate VBscript, but it is just the standard for ASP isn't it? I prefer javascript too though.Nowadays we have ASP.NET and C#, which is much better than all this.. But also more complicated for beginners :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't heard about VBscript, then good :)How to set up IIS? http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Setting+up+an+IIS+serverEdit: That was a typo lol :) funny though the search still came up with relevant pages...

• 3 weeks later...

1. The ".NET" part.The .NET framework is an application framework that can be used with several different languages. ASP.NET, which can also be written with several different languages, is the web version of the .NET framework. It's very different from ASP classic. ASP classic is more like PHP, ASP.NET is more like Java. A lot of things are automated, there are a lot of files involved behind the scenes, and the applications are compiled. ASP classic is no longer being supported by Microsoft, and it's probably a waste of time to learn at this point unless you have a job that specifically requires it for legacy applications.2. You're asking the wrong person.http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-83. Is anything from Microsoft really free? There's a free version, but it can't do everything the normal version does. Search for SQL Server Express to find the free version.

Archived