Configuring Apache To Run ColdFusion Scripts or ?

daredevil14

Is there anyone who knows how to configure apache ( on windows ) so that it runs ColdFusion scripts ?or simply, how can i run Coldfusion scripts on my windows localhost ? ( maybe by installing ColdFusion MX ? but i don't want to install the whole software, i just want the HTTP Server that can run the CFM script ) any help would be appreciated :)

1. Turn off whatever Antivirus software you have (I have NOD32, and it makes problems with the installer).2. Install the developer/single server edition with ColdFusion's own server (don't be fooled by the options for selecting another server. They don't work that well).3. (critical!) After the finish, a browser window will pop up. DO NOT CLOSE IT! Complete the installation by waiting for it to load and do its thing. Log in to the admin panel afterwards to ensure ColdFusion is running.4. Go to the ColdFusion start menu item, and select the server setup application (I don't remember the exact name anymore).5. Make sure Apache is turned off.6. Click "Add" and select the Apache binary (folder?) and config (file?).7. After confirming the changes, exit the program and turn on Apache again.8. Turn on your antivirus back on. Make sure you don't enable any HTTP monitoring (in NOD32, that's IMON that you need to disable), as it makes Apache hang when a ColdFusion file is requested.9. Test ColdFusion on Apache. It should work from any folder Apache has access to.

ok thanks, but that will work fine i guess if i download the developer edition software ( which its size is 317 MB i guess and my connection speed isn't that fast so... )isn't there a quicker method ?

ok thanks, but that will work fine i guess if i download the developer edition software ( which its size is 317 MB i guess and my connection speed isn't that fast so... )isn't there a quicker method ?
No. You have to download ColdFusion. What did you expect?The only other way is to buy a ColdFusion host and run your files on it.

Archived