AJAX Solution

augustoamaral

I'm creating a software web based, with some friends. And i want to know if i can make the hole program in just one page, with ajax and the database. So it will load just once. The login and everything, and using divs to arrange the layout and css, depending of the login. If was a administrator, for example, it loads some components, a lower class, other stuff, etc. If its possible, what I have to do? To call the diferents divs, and hide, for each different login.I know html, css, few php, and javascript. I`m learning python. well. Sorry for the mistakes, my english isn't that good.Thanks.

Well, if you know all of things, you already know how to do it then. Just be sure to use the XMLHttpRequest() object, and to be more precise - react on the onreadystatechange event.

If you're working on a web application and you want a framework that you can use to handle most of the interface tasks, you might want to look into ExtJS. It's a lot more complicated then "normal" web programming, but it's very powerful. Here are the examples:http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/

I find it more complex than PHP. PHP is a pretty straightfoward language, Ext gets pretty complex with things like event handlers and layouts and data stores and stuff that doesn't even apply to PHP. But, Ext is one of those things that is equally powerful and complex.

Archived