Is there a maximum number of #include per page?

Guest robinkaspar

Guest robinkaspar

I have a genealogy page that has been on the same server for 10+ years and hasn't been modified since probably 2005. I hadn't looked at it in a long while until a visitor let me know of a problem:http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wigrant/surnames.htmI use #include virtual for the email addresses. I am not a programmer and this was a solution that several of us used years ago to try and foil email harvesters. So I don't really know how to debug this thing. All is well until you get to the S names. This error message is one that I'm familiar with, when I was actively updating the page and forgot to upload the email address file. This looks different to me since once the error starts, it continues on to the end. The page displays correctly in Dreamweaver CS3, all the email address files are on the server where they should be, but it does not display correctly in any of the browsers I've tried: IE, Firefox, Safari, Camino. Since the page hasn't changed and the server hasn't changed, my first thought is that something has changed in the way the browsers process the #include virtual statement. Perhaps there's a maximum and I need to split my page into two parts or something.Does anyone have any ideas?ThanksRobin

I'm not aware of any limits on things like that. That's not an ASP error though, that looks like a custom error message to just indicate that an error happened, but it doesn't tell you anything about the error. It's hard to tell without seeing the code.

Archived