edit mysql table entries help please

paulmo

managed to post data to php admin/mysql from a form, but unable to edit data in mysql. i see table info by clicking "browse distinct values" and I get the following with no edit feature to be found:

Rows  message  1	 testing 1	 this is great!

also seems that rows should be numbered for each entry, not all 1's. also mysql giving ! warning about creating primary key index. so i did that, naming primary index primary. unsure what that's all about. basically need to edit entries in the database. thanks

When you're selecting distinct entries it's telling you how many rows have that entry. So it's telling you that 1 row has each of those entries. It doesn't make sense to edit a list of distinct values (would you updated them everywhere they appear, or just once?).What tool are you using to browse the database? Are you using phpMyAdmin?

thanks again...yes phpmyadmin. used a guestbook script previously where it was possible to edit/delete guestbook entries in database, so i'm trying the same concept only doing it myself to learn (and it's an email form so this is practice more than anything). but my table is not showing a content edit option, only edit structure of table, delete table, etc.

You should be able to browse the table, there are several ways to do that with phpMyAdmin. All of them will show all of the data in the table, I'm not even sure how to select distinct values without writing a query.

You can write queries in a section of the phpMyAdmin interface.

Archived